Target Group: Security officers, departmental heads, managers
Duration: 1 year
- Equip graduates with the awareness, understanding and skills essential for effective participation in action as individuals and as members of a team in crises situations.
- Introduce students to ethics, codes and standards of good practice in disaster management.
- Describe strategies for early warning and prevention of humanitarian crises.
- Enable students understand the synergy between emergency development interventions’ and sustainable development programmes.
- Prepare students to have the core knowledge and skills needed to assume leadership in responding to the multifaceted demands of sustainable development in emergencies and in normal development tasks and activities.
- Assist students identify and analyse common successes and challenges related to sustainable development activities and apply their core knowledge in solving problems within their field of work.